Preliminary Results for the financial year ended 30 September 2021
- Strong full year performance and recovery following pandemic impacted trading -
- Updated 5-year plan to deliver further shareholder value -
- Positive outlook with both divisions experiencing a strong start in the new financial year -
2 December 2021 - Oxford Metrics plc (LSE: OMG), the smart sensing software company servicing, life sciences, entertainment and engineering markets, announces preliminary results for the financial year ended 30 September 2021.
|Annual Recurring Revenue||£7.4m||+8.8%||£6.8m|
|Adjusted Profit Before Tax*||£4.8m||+89.4%||£2.6m|
|Adjusted* Basic Earnings per Share||3.59p||+75.1%||2.05p|
|Ordinary Dividend per Share||2.00p||+11.1%||1.80p|
|Statutory Profit before Tax||£3.2m||+103.6%||£1.6m|
|Statutory Basic Earnings per Share||2.32p||+81.3%||1.28p|
- Headline revenue of £35.6m (FY20: £30.3m), up 17.6% (up 19.9% on a constant currency basis)
- Improved quality of earnings, with Annual Recurring Revenue (‘ARR’) of £7.4m (FY20: £6.8m) with new ARR additions of £1.3m (FY20: £1.0m)
- Adjusted Profit Before Tax* at £4.8m (FY20: £2.6m)
- Continued cash generation, with £23.0m in net cash (FY20: £14.9m) and operating cashflow of £14.5m (FY20: £7.0m - Restated)
- Board proposes increasing our final dividend to 2.00p per share (FY20: 1.80p) this year
Vicon delivers impressive revenue growth and profitability
- Vicon’s growth restored in FY21 reporting an increase in revenues of 21.1% to £27.6m (FY20: £22.8m), gross margin of 72.6% (FY20: 73.6%) reflecting a slightly higher prevalence of larger deals during the year.
- Revenue growth underpinned by strong Entertainment segment driven, up 76.5%.
- The Contemplas acquisition, completed in August 2021, has brought benefits to Vicon including adding a video-based movement analysis to our offering and contributed revenues of £0.2m in the last month of the financial year and a small profit.
Yotta continued growth and a full year of profitability
- Another major milestone achieved: Full year of Adjusted profits delivered following transition to SaaS model
- Digital transformation in public sector continues to improve quality of earnings with our highest level of ARR, up 8.8% to £7.4m at year-end adding £1.3m (FY20: £1.0m) to the ARR base during the year.
- Continuing to invest in our products: Alloy added finance and accounting, Street Manager and enhanced reporting functionality while Horizons has benefitted from collaboration with new partner Vaisala.
Outlook and Guidance
- Both divisions have experienced a strong start to the new fiscal year with key demand metrics pointing to a positive outlook.
- Vicon’s current revenue pipeline for the first half is at least 20% ahead of this time last year and the business currently holds an unprecedented level of orders in hand of £5.9m.
- As in many industries, Vicon continues to experience some short-term supply chain challenges arising from the well-publicised global semiconductor shortage.
- Investment in the year ahead to augment our capabilities to sense, analyse and apply our technology, increased by £2.3m on an annualised basis.
- Yotta has a strong ARR sales pipeline for the full year, consistent with adding at least another £1.2m gross additions to ARR during the financial year.
- The Group starts the year in a strong financial position to invest in its future and continues to evaluate acquisition opportunities that will accelerate our strategy.
- The Board look forward to an exciting year ahead that will be the first step in our new five-year plan delivering further shareholder value.
Commenting on the results Nick Bolton, Chief Executive said:
“Oxford Metrics is pleased to report a return to form with a strong full year performance and recovery following last year’s pandemic impacted trading, with all the Group’s key financial metrics having improved.
The pandemic demonstrated the Group’s resilience but has also accelerated market drivers in both Vicon and Yotta. Vicon’s growth has been restored driven by the buoyant video games sector and the demand for Virtual Production. Yotta continues to benefit from the ongoing need to digitally transform assets, reporting its highest level of ARR.
During the second half of the year, we gradually saw Location-based Entertainment partners restart their facilities and, in some cases, their rollouts.
As we move into the next financial year both divisions have experienced a strong start with key demand metrics pointing to a positive outlook. Vicon’s current revenue pipeline for the first half is at least 20% ahead of this time last year and has an unprecedented level of orders in hand but, like many industries, continues to experience some short-term supply chain challenges. Yotta has a strong ARR sale pipeline for the full year with ARR growth anticipated. The Board is looking forward to an exciting year and the first step in our new five-year plan.”
Regulatory news and AIM Rule 26 including corporate governance and significant shareholders
Jan 12, 2022
Jan 12, 2022
Important update to Notice of 2022 AGM
Dec 2, 2021
Preliminary Results 2020/21
Oct 28, 2021
Capital Markets Day
Oct 26, 2021
Vicon Contract Win
Highlights from our 2021 Capital Markets Day held at @electricgamebox https://t.co/r83jwkExkM where Nick Bolton, CEO, presented the Group’s new five-year growth strategy, plus demonstrations from @Yotta_Ltd and @Vicon and, fantastic customer presentations #smartsensingOxford Metrics
13 JanOxford Metrics
13 JanOxford Metrics
Read how our software is used in diverse applications world-wide